News and studies are coming in 24/7 and most of them are quite astonishing for Apple. Here are some of from the last 24 hours:
- iPad has 95.5% of tablet market. Seven months ago, iPad didn’t even exist in this nearly ten year old market which was earlier dominated by Microsoft.
- 95% of iPad customers are satisfied. That’s one of the highest numbers ever. (from ChangeWave survey)
- 80% of potential tablet buyers will buy iPad. (from CNet.com)
- iPhone number 4 in quantity (3.5%), two in revenue (22%) and 1 in profit (50%) after 3 years in the smartphone market earlier dominated by Microsoft. (from asymco by Horace Dediu)
- Apple is now largest Pc maker in US if you include iPad. (CNN)
- iPhone is now available in 24h in US. That means production and demand are in balance. This is ideal before Christmas!
Apple is now trying to revitalize the PC market with mobile tech, both components, production, OS, developments tools, apps and distribution (Mac App Store). If they succeed, they may take over this market also. They’ve done it before.
But, what about Android? Their growing even more. Yes, they do. But they don’t have a good enough app distribution and payment yet. and they have a problem with app malware. So I think it’s wise to still wait, at least a couple of months.
If you loves or hate Apple, these are numbers that will affect our lives the next years to come. Regardless of Apple continues to dominate or not. I prefer to foresee what’s going to hit me, and just now I think I love Apple too much 😉