This is the ninth post in my series: «8 reasons why PCs, servers, applications, search and web have peeked, whilst the mobile, the cloud, social media and apps are surging ahead.» This post will try to discuss the implications for these profound changes in the IT landscape that comes from the Touch-Mobile-Cloud that is on the way to overtake the market, with exponential growth and wast innovation.
Implications for decision makers
- Start using a lot of apps from a smartphone (not Nokia, sorry)
- Move your servers to the cloud
- Make your website mobile
- Give your employees high quality smartphones with iOS, Android or WP7
- Buy printers with email interface
- If you still need PCs buy the cheapest you can get
Implications for developers
- Start developing apps for iOS, Android or WP7
- Use the cloud of Amazon or Azure for storage
Implications for investors
- Don´t invest in the PC/GUI/CS/WEB area
- Invest in the touch-mobile-cloud area
- Assure that they follow the mantra: «Get the crap out fast, and iterate continuously.
The next and last post will wrap up my series, and point at some concrete adventures the market, my company and myself are heading at.